Vacancy: Youth & Sports Officer - Access to Sport
The Access to Sports Project is looking to recruit:
Youth & Sports Officer - The Goals for Youth and Sport Project
Full time: 37.5 hours per week - involves evening & weekend work.
Fixed Term Post until March 2020
The Goals for Youth and Sport Project is an externally funded programme delivered in Hackney. We are seeking to employ a Youth and Sports Officer to create new youth engagement, sport and physical and activity opportunities which are progressive and lead young people into additional services, volunteering, accredited training, employment support and new co-produced projects with young people.
The key focus of the job will be:
- Develop a targeted programme of youth and sports activities in Hackney for 10-25 year olds (focusing on the Clapton and Millfields area).
- To deliver / coordinate an accredited training programme for local people enabling them to gain qualifications as sports coaches/leaders and move into employment, work placements and volunteering.
- To recruit youth ‘co-producers’ ensuring that the young people will be at the forefront of the design and delivery of the programme.
- To develop and support local youth and sports organisations, community development activity/events in the Millfields area of Clapton and support delivery, develop new partnerships, opportunities and revenue streams.
You will need:
- A passion for sport and hold a minimum level 2 coaching qualification.
- A Youth Work qualification or a willingness to obtain one
- A commitment to improving opportunities for young people.
- A background in youth, sports or community development is essential as is a commitment to developing opportunities for local people and groups.
- Experience of working in a diverse setting.
Closing date: Friday 16th June 2017
Interviews week beginning: Monday 26th June 2017
To find out more about this post and to receive an application pack please call 020 7686 8812 or email email@example.com